Exclusive Dance Internship
Wednesday 15 Nov 2017
SCOTTISH DANCE THEATRE OFFER EXCLUSIVE DANCE INTERNSHIP TO DUNDEE AND ANGUS COLLEGE DANCE GRADUATE IN 2018
Scottish Dance Theatre and The Bridge Awards are delighted to announce a two-month-long paid internship to be awarded to a 2018 graduate.
The Dance Development Internship will be exclusively available to Dance degree students from the Scottish School of Contemporary Dance at Dundee & Angus College.
Lee Lappin, Creative Director of Scottish School of Contemporary Dance at Dundee & Angus College, said “This is an amazing opportunity for a recent graduate to gain hands-on industry experience and skills development from leading practitioners. Scottish School of Contemporary Dance are delighted with this partnership.”
The successful graduate will be supported by the company’s Producer, Technical team and Creative Learning team.
A key outcome of this role is to gain skills and experience through developing and delivering a dance project with a social purpose.
Dawn Hartley, Head of Creative Learning, at Scottish Dance Theatre said “Scottish Dance Theatre is grateful to The Bridge Awards for enabling us to offer this Internship, contributing to the ongoing development of dance in Scotland. The successful applicant will gain valuable support and inspiration from working with our teams and we look forward to embarking on this new initiative.”
The internship will run from the end of May to the end of July 2018. The award of £2000 will be made on successful application and cover work for at least 20 hours per week over two months.
To apply for the position of Dance Development Intern please email Dawn Hartley on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by Friday 15 December:
- First initial and surname
- Email address and contact number
2 pages A4 maximum detailing your proposal idea and answering the following questions:
- What you are interested in exploring through this opportunity of Dance Development Intern.
- How this exploration might be of benefit to you in your future work.
- The skills and experience you have that may be useful during this Internship. Please give some examples that evidence this.
- Please detail three of your favourite dance activities you have undertaken in the past year.
- Please also include the contact details of 2 possible referees.
For more information, please contact Dawn Hartley on email@example.com